Terms and conditions of sale
- Goods shall remain the sole property of IJS Home until payment is effected in full. Risk for the goods shall pass on to the client upon delivery.
- Claims for any damages are to be reported within 24 hours from delivery date. If no claims are received within 24 hours, it will be assumed that everything is to the satisfaction of the client.
- The client agrees that the amount of invoice and terms of payment are in accordance with the agreement.
- In the event that a client cancels an order or cancels any single item from an order, for any reason whatsoever, the client agrees and accepts that the deposit paid on confirmation of the order is non-refundable and is to be offset with purchases. Five percent (5%) of the cancelled item(s) will be charged on cancellation as administration fees. Likewise, if the company cancels item(s), the client shall be entitled to a five percent (5%) refund of the cancelled item(s), in the form of credit note/voucher to be offset by purchases. No cash or cheque will be issued to cover the refund.
- The client agrees that the delivery is to be effected on the agreed date or month. If this agreement is not honoured, the balance due is to be paid in full and the delivery date extended by a maximum of three (3) months. A one percent (1%) of the total amount of the order will be incurred monthly as a storage fees if the delivery is not effected after the three (3) months extension.
- The normal credit period (where applicable) allowed by the company shall not exceed thirty (30) days. Interest on overdue accounts as allowed by law will be charged.
- Any tax, duty impost, charge on costs whatsoever which may become due to the government and/or are levied or leviable by government on account of, in respect of and in connection with the sale and transfer of the product covered and comprised in this order shall be charged to and paid exclusively by the customer even if such tax, duty, impost, charge or cost becomes due to government and/or is levied or leviable by government after the date of the order.
- The client must accept changes to the agreed price when this is an effect of a devaluation imposed by legislation.
- Prices quoted will be valid for 30 days from date of quote.
Where products purchased carry a warranty, IJS Home guarantees that your product has been manufactured to the highest standards and specifications. It has been designed to give good and reliable service provided it is installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction manual. To avail yourself of this guarantee, it is important that you read the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Warranty
- This guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of the product purchased and used in the Maltese Islands.
- Throughout the warranty period, it is to be clearly understood that the warranty covers replacement of spare parts and/or repair of the product and not a complete replacement of the said product.
- If the product proves to be defective in electrical or mechanical faults, we will repair the product free of any charge for labour, materials or transportation provided that:
- The product has been correctly installed and used only with a suitable electricity supply as stated on the rating plate;
- The product has been used for normal domestic purposes only, and in accordance with the manufacturer’s operating instructions; and
- The product has not been serviced, maintained, repaired, taken apart or tampered with by any person not authorized by the company.
- The guarantee does not cover:
- The body parts made of plastic, ceramic, glass, rubber and vitreous enamel, lamps, hinges, ignition candles, gas burner parts and pan supports;
- Rust damage and / or corrosion;
- Defects which arise due to voltage drop/rise in the electrical service;
- Faults caused by defective gas regulators or gas cylinders;
- Appliances on which the product label with relevant FD or serial numbers have been removed;
- Consequential damages, injuries or losses sustained while using the product;
- Damage due to accidents, modifications, misuse, abuse or negligence;
- Remote controls;
- Body parts (cracks, scratches, dent etc);
- The labour cost incurred to repair or replace items which are not covered by warranty; and
- Costs incurred to put products that have been improperly installed right.
- Small appliances and all portable products are to be brought to our warehouse for repairs. Prior repairing any small appliances and/or portable products, a fixed labour charge may be incurred.
- IJS Home shall not be under any liability and in particular shall not be liable for financial loss of profits, contracts, savings or goodwill.
- IJS Home shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damage incurred due to failure of the product.
- Although all precautions and care will be taken, IJS Home will not be held responsible for any damages that may occur during transport of goods for repairs at our warehouse or third party workshops.
- Customers are advised that changes to manufacturing specifications are at the sole discretion of the manufacturer. Specifications may be altered without prior notice.
- Delayed Warranty:
Should customers opt for a delayed warranty, the client must inform IJS Home at time of purchase. The maximum delayed guarantee allowed is of six (6) months from delivery date. Unless otherwise agreed, should this period be exceeded, the warranty starts automatically from six (6) months after invoice date.
- If a product is replaced under warranty, eco tax, duty and any charges or costs imposed by legislation must be paid by the customer on replacement of the appliance. Eco tax, duty and any charges or costs are subject to vary according to the imposed legislation.
- It is very important for the customer to retain the warranty form where applicable as proof of purchase from IJS Home during the stipulated period and keep it handy to present to us upon request. Failing to present the warranty form, the customer will be required to pay for the labour cost and for any spare parts used.
- To make a claim, a client must contact us on telephone number 21 411 311 or mobile number 9986 4464 and give all relevant details.
This warranty is in addition to your rights at law in relation to the sale of goods and these rights are not adversely affected by this guarantee.